*Make My Day
Have you seen
Click on photo for more details.
Recently shared thoughts
If you're crazy and you know it clap your hands
I finally got around to updating my profile. Well sort of updated it anyway. I need to do more tweaking, but at least I have all my favorite reads on one page.
Right now Warren has been asleep for almost 3 hours, and I am enjoying some blissful quiet, kidfree, don't have to get up in the morning, latenight, time for myself. Something I rarely seem to have anymore.
Right now I am watching Forbidden Planet on AMC. Considering when it was made, it is pretty damn good. I am such a geek. I love these old Sci Fi movies. I hope they rerun The Day the Earth Stood Still again. I also have a strange craving for popcorn, but since we are out of the microwave kind, it would involve standing in front of a stove and I am not up for that.
Kangaroo Jack was funnier than I expected, but still only a so so movie. I did laugh though, and some of the jokes were a bit over Warren's head. He was kind of disappointed, as the commericals made it seem like the Kangaroo did more talking. He was pretty tired by the time we got home, but then Mike called and said he was taking him out. He got her on time, but then Warren was still finishing eating, so Mike went in the garage to look for something (Warren's telescope), and got involved in something, next thing it is three hours later, Waren is alseep on the couch in his jacket, and Mike is all, "OH gee I didn't know it was so late.. time flys.. bla bla bla). Jerk!! I got Warren up and he went to bed in his room and then Mike left. Poor kid. At least he got to see the movie, even if we did almost freeze to death walking home from the bus stop.
If you wimpy (*J/K*) southerners think 20 is cold, try two straight weeks of below zero temps. I am beginning to feel like I suddenly moved north of the Arctic Circle. Man those ancient Inuits (Correct term for Eskimo)must have been some extremely tough people. I like it cool, but this is ridicoulous. Right now 20 sounds like a heatwave.
According to Warren Mike is getting maybe getting back together with his other girlfriend. I will refer to her from now on as, *KT*, for lack of a more descriptive name. I have never met her, but I already feel sorry for her. I guess Mike feels If I won't mommy him anymore, maybe he better find someone who will. I hope she knows the rules of making Mike happy. Such as,...
Am I bitter? Nah, what ever gave you that idea.
- Never disagree with his opinions, cause then you are dumb and don't know anything. He is always right
- Make sure you earn enough to pay all the bills, but never say anything to him about it.
- Even though you must work, and care for kids, make sure you are always available when he wants you, and scare when he doesn't.
- You must be able to read his mind, because telling you anything is too much work.
- Its always about him.
- Be intersted in sex all the time, but only when he wants it.
- Make sure the house is always spotless, and the dishes and clothes are always clean and dinner is always ready.
- Never ask him for help, but if he does offer, let everything be done his way, because he is a genius who knows everything. However if anything goes wrong, remember it is never his fault
- Make sure you always have money in case he needs some.
- Don't have a life of your own, but don't cling to him either.
- Only he is allowed to make mistakes, you must be perfect at all times.
- He is the center of the universe, and dont' you ever forget it.
- You should always be greatful for having someone so wonderful in your life. He is doing you a favor by allowing you to be graced with his presence.
While I am on the list making kick, here are a few hints, for how not to annoy the hell out of the person on the other end when you order something by phone.
I am sure I will have more after I have been working there even longer.
- know what you want and have the item numbers ready. I want Gingko isn't going to cut it. We have about 20 different Gingko's. You wouldn't call Sears and say I want a purple shirt. (or maybe you would).
- Upsales, are often a commision for the order taker. Even if you aren t intereted or can't afford it, keep this in mind. We need to eat too. and the wages with out it suck major time.
- Have your credit card, or check ready. You know you have to pay, we are judged on talk time, and no I do not keep your credit card number on file. (well actually we do, but finding it, takes another minute, and I need to keep my talk time down. Also do not call in an order then expect to mail in a check. With the number of orders we get that is impossible. Nor can we get your mail in order in the system immediately upon the mail man deliverying it. Do you have any idea how many orders we get daily.
- I am not a doctor, I cannot reccomend what to take for your **fill in medical condition of your choice**. The FDA will not let me. We have product specialists. If you have questions about product specifics they are the ones to ask. I only have a small amount of info in my computer. I am trying to learn more, but "Dammit Jim, I am an order rep, not a doctor".
- A little small talk is nice, but I have lots of calls and cannot sit and chat about your lousy neighbor, or what have you.
- If UPS, or USPS messed up, I am sorry and we will replace your items, but it is not OUR fault. We send the items out, if it is stuck in Persipenny NJ for three days, that is UPS fault, not **OURS**.
- Write your items out clearly or type them so you can read it, and if you mail it, make sure it is readable.
- C, Z, D, B, E all sound alike. Take a lesson from the Milatary. Delta, Zulu, Edward, Beta, Alpha are alot more easier to understand.
- Once youve order from a company a few times, you know what they are going to ask, be prepared.
Can you tell I've been living up to my D*Land name lately?
I still have two loads of laundry to do, and a kitchen and bathroom both in serious need of mopping. UGH!! If someone were to invent a self cleaning house, I think they would quickly find them selves rich beyond even Bill Gates wildest dreams. I love my son, but I hate domesticity (well except for cooking). I swear I am the anti-Martha, June Cleaver's worst nightmare.
Bleh!! It's only 11:30, but it feels like 3am.Now they are doing a film by Ray Harryhausen so I must say good bye. I love Harryhausen, even if his films are high on the cheese factor sometimes, they are still classics. After Twenty Million Miles to Earth Its War of the Planets. Time to go, and relish in my total nerdness.
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.
In every neighborhood there is at least one house that all the neighbors gossip about. This is a diary from the woman who lives in that house. I am a single mother in her mid thirties. I live in North Dakota with my son, Warren.
I tend to be a bit of a slob, and am the opposite of a girly-girl. I am geek girl, who loves Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Buffy, Angel, action movies, science fiction, action adventure, Dr. Who, and so on and so on.
I love to write and while I don't post much fiction online anymore I would love to be a writer someday. I am also overweight, bipolar and suffer from allergy induced asthma.