*Make My Day
Have you seen
Click on photo for more details.
Recently shared thoughts
All About Me
Since there are so many new readers of late, who probably don't feel up to digging thru two years of archives, I've decided to do another about me page. Instead of going into detail I'm just going to do a list of facts kind of thing, to give the broad picture.
ALL ABOUT ME
Okay I think that is enough, if you have read this far I think you deserve a reward or something. go eat a Hershey bar .. my treat.
Okay that was edited, and doesn't cover everything, but it should give you a good general picture of where I am comming from.
- I was born August 10, 1969 in Crosby, North Dakota
- I am the oldest of two children
- My brother is almost four years younger than me, and is also borderline retarded.
- When I was a toddler i was hospitalized for pnuemonia, and while my mother stepped out the nurses were supposed to watch me but didn't and I some how became trapped between the crib matress and the side of the crib where I lay screaming until my mom came back.
- My home town has a population of 1500, and I graduated in a class of 32 kids, 29 of us had known each other since the first day of Kindergarten if not earlier.
- My town was so small that I attended public kindergarten in a church basement, across the street from the school
- I grew up on a durum (think semolina ie pasta) farm, that was 10 miles from town and 1.5 miles from the nearest neighbor
- We had a party line phone (one that is shared with others, not a private line) until I was in fourth grade.
- Even though I was born and grew up American, we were so close to the border that we recieved more Canadian television stations than American.
- My mom was 36 and my dad was 38 when I was born, in 1969. My brother was born March of 1973.
- All four of my grandparents were born in the 1800's. My grandfather was born and raised in Sweden, and moved to the us in his early 20's to join other relatives who had already came over here.
- My mom's parents were children of German Russian immigrants who had to sneak out of Russia. My mom was in school before she spoke English, and now she doesn't remember alot of German.
- My mom's parents had an arranged marriage. (Something I just found out a couple years ago from my aunt Maggie)
- I am 1/4 Norweigan 1/4 Swede and 1/2 German
- I was born with jet black hair, that fell out, grew back in blonde and has been steadily darkening ever since.
- Most of my political ideas would be considered liberal, but I consider my self non partisan and if I had to pick would call my self Independant
- I was raised Catholic by my mother, even though my dad was Luteran. I am now recovering from my Catholic roots, though I do still have some of it as a part of me. But there were too many things I dont' agree with the Church on, or like how they handled certain things.
- I learned to drive at 14
- I left home to move to Mayville ND for college two weeks after I turned 18. Because of my birthday, I started first grade two weeks after turning 6, and graduated high school at 17. I graduated in May 1987
- I dropped out of school just short of graduation, (Elem ED major with Early Childhood minor)becuase of a long story I dont' want to get into. That was in May of 1991
- I then moved to Fargo with my roommate Sue, June of that year.
- We parted company about a year and some odd months later, when we could no longer get along. Some time in early 1992.
- July of that following summer I met Mike, we hit it off too well
- By October of that year I found out I was pregnant
- March of 1993, We moved in together.
- June 20 1993, on Father's day. I gave birth to Warren Michael at 3:23pm, on a Sunday. He was 7lbs, 4.25oz and 20.5 inches long.
- Mike and I lived together for almost 8 years, but things soon got ugly in the relationship, and it escalated to the point where I left when Warren was about 4 and moved in to the Fargo YWCA for about 2 weeks, while also working two jobs and trying to manage child care.
- I found a place of my own but was stupid enough to take him back.
- Two years later I kicked his ass out into the street and filed a restraining order.
- He's finally grown up some, but still has a long way to go.
- He is an unadmitted alcholic, and I wonder if he may not also have other mental health issues, as he is very much a Jekyll and Hyde personality.
- About a year after I kicked him out, he shacked up with another woman, who gave birth to his twin sons a little less than a year ago.
- I went back to school when Warren was in Kindergarten and rec'd my AA degree in Computer Networking and Support. I did this while also working 30-40 hours per week at the deli at C@shwise, and being the primary caretaker for my son.
- I then had an excellent job for two years, before I was office policitced and middle managed out of a job. I am no desperately seeking another job in that same area. I love computers and helping people with theirs.
- I have been diagnosed by two different doctors as having Bipolar II disorder. Which is a milder form of Manic Depression. I still have the mood swings, but not quite as wild. I also don't loose touch with reality, or go quite as manic.
- I have been a Star Wars fan since 1977, and that is what lead me down the geek path to my love of Sci Fi, Action -Adventure, computers and books.
- I am a very fast reader I was once clocked at around a thousand and some odd words a minute.
- I also talk very fast when excited, something I got from my dad.
- I have been overweight since puberty, and have rarely weighed less than 200 pounds since I was 15.
- When I was 13, I came with in a few inches of crashing a four wheeler head on into a utility pole and killing or paralyizing myself. No one was home, and no one would have been looking for me for several hours.
- When I was 15, I flipped off a snowmobile doing about 40, did a perfect cartwheel and landed in the snow with out a scratch on me.
- When Warren was about three, I tried to use a rocking chair as a step stool. I fell off and broke my wrist. Because it was late at night and I was home alone with Warren I held a bag of frozen peas on my wrist for two hours till Mike came home so I could drive to the ER.
- My favorite singer of all time is Meat Loaf.
- I am very much a tom boy. I hate dresses, loathe heels and refuse to wear nylons
- I love old sci fi books, movies, tv shows. I love action movies, I hate most tradional chick flicks.
- I hated school as a child, but now I love learning new things so much I would go to school for a living if I could figure out how to get paid for it.
- My son has been hospitalized twice, and has been diganosed as ODD (opositional defiant disorder), which is when defiance and disobediance go way beyond normal rebellion and childhood misbehavior.
- Both my parents went to school in one room school houses. My mom stopped school after 8th grade, and has been on her own since she was 16.
- My dad graduated high school and went to the milatary. Had he not missed the draft the year before on a technicality (only son on farm), he would have served in Korea.
- My grandfather earned US citizenship serving in military in WWII.
- Had I been born just a few years earlier I would have started school in a one room school house also.
- I also have asthma, and so does my mother and several of my aunts and uncles.
- I have an uncle who was killed by a drunk driving 19 year old kid, who missed a corner and crashed in to my uncles living room while he was there.
- I have an uncle who was MIA in Okinawa during WWII
- When I broke my arm I injured a nerve and I can no longer give a thumbs up on my left hand.
- I breastfed my son until he was over 3. But I used disposable diapers, because I had more important things to do than laundry.
- I walked on my toes until I was 7 years old.
- My mom lost everything she had in a house fire, twice. The first time when she was still at home and my grandparents house burned while they were out working, and again about a year or two before she married my dad, when she was living above a bakery. My mom, my aunt Hedy, and a family friend Irene escaped with nothing but the clothes on thier backs, and their purses.
- When I was 16, I accidentally started the couch on the enclosed porch on fire, and we came with in inches and minutes of another house fire.
- When my mom was mad at me as a teenager, and older child, she would stop speaking to me for days.
- I once rode bike ten miles to town, and back just to see Return of the Jedi, because I couldn't drive and no one would take me. My parents never even got mad.
- I am already going gray. I hide it mostly though by coloring my hair.
- When I was little I wanted to be an astronaut.
- Now I am just a space caseM
- I love Star Wars, Star Trek (esp Next Gen), Dr. Who, Red Dwarf, when I can find it, Lord of the Rings, Buffy (**two more weeks, sob sob**), Butch Cassidy and the Sundan ce Kid, which is IMHO, the funniest and saddest andbest buddy movie ever made.
- I have well over 100 first cousins alone
- I loathe banana anything
- My favorite foods are Italian and German.
- I hated saurkraut as a kid, now I love it
- I still am not too fon of lefse (sort of a potato torilla, from Scandinavia for those who don't know), which is like some kind of sin in these parts.
- I started babysitting my brother at 11. By 12 I was making good money during curling season (think a cross between hockey aned shuffleboard), babysitting other peoples kids.
- The thought of my son staying home alone at that age, scares the bejeesus out of me.
- I love classic rock, hard rock, and most music from the 60's thru the mid 80's. I even like some country music. I like almost all kinds of music, except maybe opera, jazz, and Baraque, and Gregorian chant.
- My favorite colors are blues, off whites, maroons, and earthy tones.
- I am a Leo
- I love to cook, but I am not a gourmet, I am more of a hands on meat and potatoes homestyle cook.
- I was once on welfare, and can tell you, that it is a fast road to nowhere, and it is the most degrading thing in the world.
- The night I was born August 10, 1969 at 2:58am, corresponds to when Charles Manson's followers were slaughtering Sharon Tate adn the others in the house. She was pregnant, and that has haunted me ever since I found out the date and time
- I named my son after a character on the show Santa Barbara, because he was my favorite character, and since I had only thought of girl names, when Warren was born that was the first name that popped in to my head, and he just looked like a Warren.
- When I was 10 I broke our chandelier because I tried to make it spin like a disco ball, and I ended up unscrewing it.
- I hate mornings
- I have been a nightowl all my life
- I have over 100, first cousins alone.
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.
In every neighborhood there is at least one house that all the neighbors gossip about. This is a diary from the woman who lives in that house. I am a single mother in her mid thirties. I live in North Dakota with my son, Warren.
I tend to be a bit of a slob, and am the opposite of a girly-girl. I am geek girl, who loves Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Buffy, Angel, action movies, science fiction, action adventure, Dr. Who, and so on and so on.
I love to write and while I don't post much fiction online anymore I would love to be a writer someday. I am also overweight, bipolar and suffer from allergy induced asthma.