*Make My Day
Have you seen
Click on photo for more details.
Recently shared thoughts
Three Quizes and a new Survey
Congratulations, you're a Snow Fae, bringer of winter.
What kind of female faerie are you?
Take the female faerie quizby Paradox.
You are a muse.
What legend are you?. Take the Legendary Being Quiz by Paradox
Your magical style is Magus.
What type of Magic do you work?. Take the Magical Style Quiz by Paradox
And a survey too! Which was taken from Trinity and KitchenLogic who got it from someone else, who got it from someone else and so on and so on....
1. You’re born. You’re given a name. If you had the option to go back in time and change your name to whatever you wanted, what would you name yourself?
When I was a kid I wanted to be named Laura. Later in high school I had a thing for the name KasAndra, I used to have a made up character named KasAndra Nyota. Later after Warren was born, I thought the name Jaina Nichelle was really nice, but truth be told, I am rather comfortable now as a Holly. I have always been a Holly and its a large part of what makes me me. I used to hate it, especially around Christmas time, but over the years I've grown into it, so to speak.
2. If you had the means to start a business, ANY business, what type of business would you establish? What would you name it?
My dream business, which I even wrote a plan for in college, sort of, would be a combination, computer store, book store, internet cafe, coffee shop. Sort of an all in one Nerdshop. I would have rooms where people would pay so much to cruise the internet, with separate rooms for kids and adults, I would have different platforms, a coffee shop and tons of books on every subject as well as on computers, with actual machines set up where people could try out demo copies of different software to decide if they like it before they buy it. I would also have lots of couches and reading areas, as well as desks and such where they could work.
3. What’s your view on online journaling?
I love it. It is a great form of therapy and a way to make friends with similiar intersts and issues. It reminds me daily that I am far from alone in my struggles, as other people don't always have it so wonderful all the time either, no matter how things may appear to the outside world.
4. What is the one thing you’ve never heard said to you that you wish would be said?
Either "I'm sorry we didn't notice what you were going thru as a kid, because we were so caught up with your brother. I love you too, but I felt guilty about Milo because I blamed my self, so you got the short end of the stick. You were too much like me, so you angered me much more easily. I wish I could change it." or "I'm so sorry I was such a jerk would made things so rotten for you and Warren. I am turning my self in, checking into a rehab and will get help to stop drinking, learn why I am this way, and will make sure that you and Warren get the child support you deserve. I love you both and want to make up for being such a rotten human being. Wishful thinking, but hey "IT could happen"
5. What is your greatest accomplishment in life?
That I am still marching on, that my son despite is problems is getting the help he needs and is doing as well as he is. That he is quite healthy and that I will not retreat. That I am and always shall be Warren's mom.
6. What is your greatest defeat?
My entire relationship with Mike. My mental illness, my inability to manage money.
7. Who was your favorite Monkee?
Davey Jones, Davey Jones, in the words of Marcia Brady... Davey Jones.
8. If you could have grown up with any family, other than the one you did, which family would you have been raised with? (And if anyone says Michael Jackson’s, I’ll kick your ass personally.)
Well I am assuming they mean real, and not fictional so I will say my Aunt Maggie. It would have been a lot harder work, but they had cows and horses, and huge gardens and I think I would have learned alot more and had a lot less time to sit around feeling sorry for myself. I would have also had lots of brothers and sisters and not been the oldest one. And they wouldn't have been afraid to let me go to the first school of my choice out of state, because they couldn't bare to let their baby go.
9. Tell a complete story in five sentences.
There was once a lonely mental ill girl who had just lost her best friend. When she was walking home from work, she met and alcholic who was working on his car. He worked is way in to her heart and got her pregnant. They had a wonderful son. Life has been a roller coaster ride ever since.
10. If you could spend one single day in the company of your exact clone, what would you do with and/or say to yourself
I would make my clone go to work and do all the grown up responsible things, while I stayed home and lounged around being an irresponsible lump.
11. What is one of your “some day” goals? (I.e. some day I will…)
Some day I will: Have a job I love, loose weight and have a healthy body, have my finances straightened out, be rid of Mike forever, have savings, visit Alaska, Austrailia, Hawaii, Europe, and also see where my anscestors came from.
12. Why are you filling out this survey?
Because I'm feeling lazy, and I'm trying to avoid doing house work and other responsible things.
13. List the first three words that come to your mind.
Purple orange peanuts
14. State one fact that hardly anyone knows about you.
I broke my arm falling off a rocking chair (I was standing on it.. don't ask...) six years ago, and in the process did some sort of bizarre nerve damage which has left me with little or no use of my left thumb.
15. State one fact that everyone in the world knows about you.
That I am a huge Star Wars/Star Trek/Sci Fi Geek.
16. What is the one thing you’ve always wanted to say to a certain person, but haven’t? Who is that person?
"I love you. Even though I don't act like it and sometimes it seems as though I dont' want to be around you. I really do love you. You are and always will be my brother. I just have some issues to work through."
17. What one online journaller do you look up to and admire the most? Why?
There are so many, I can't pick one. Close you eyes and point to someone on the left.
18. Can you honestly, beyond a doubt, state that you journal online without any censorship or concern as to who is reading the details of your mind?
For the most part yes. I do censor some in that I believe there is such a thing as too much information and also some of my views are a bit controversial, though not extreme and I've been a little cautious about sharing them. Otherwise I don't censor, I am just taking baby steps toward full disclosure.
19. What is one sexual position/experience/situation that you’ve always wanted to try, but haven’t? Why haven’t you?
Let's file this one under the heading of Too Much Information.
20. How do you feel about people who write about their sex lives in intricate detail in their journals?
See above answer re: Too Much Information.
21. What is your favorite animal to visit at the zoo?
Any animal that falls into the Feline category.
22. What is one scenario that you’ve never been in, but would love to construct?
Anything that ends with the immortal words.. "And they all lived happily ever after".
23. What pet have you never had, but always wanted?
Hamster, rat, mice, guniea pig, anything small and furry. My mom hated rodents and the like. As an adult I've never had the life style with time and money to care for one.
24. What is the one area on your body that you ache to have touched, but it seldom gets any attention?
I will say my back and neck.. they get stiff and tired. The rest will be filed under Too Much Information.
25. What is one of your worst memories from childhood? Teen years? Adulthood?
childhood Being put in my room and ignored for hours on end.
26. What is the most vivid memory from each of those stages of your life?
Teens When one of my classmates accidentally shot his best friend playing around with a gun. And later when an underclassmen I barely new committed suicide. Also when my best friends dad died of cancer
Adult The day my mom called me at work and told me my dad had died, suddenly out of the blue from a heart attack.
Childhood Feeling I was second place to my brother
27. What is your idea of heaven? Hell?
TeensFeeling out of place and left out. Not fitting in with the rest of my class.
AdultGiving birth to my son
More abstract than real. I can't really explain it.
28. If you were asked to be on any of the “dating” shows, such as Blind Date, Change of Heart, Star Dates, etc. would you do it? Write the script for your introductory profile.
Not in this or any other reality. YUCK. With all I have going on in my life, the last thing I need to do is drag somebody else along for the ride.
29. If you could be on any reality television show, such as Survivor, The Bachelor, The Real World, Big Brother, etc., which one would you chose and why?
Probably either the 1900 House or that other one on PBS, where they lived like the homesteaders. Those are about survival and educational, not just watching attention mongers, trying to kill of thier neighbors. I think it would be cool to go back and see how my anscestors lived. I am sure it would make me very much more appreciative of how well I have it right now.
30. If you could add any question on to this survey, what would it be?
Name three foods you hated as a kid, but love as an adult, and vice versa.
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.
In every neighborhood there is at least one house that all the neighbors gossip about. This is a diary from the woman who lives in that house. I am a single mother in her mid thirties. I live in North Dakota with my son, Warren.
I tend to be a bit of a slob, and am the opposite of a girly-girl. I am geek girl, who loves Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Buffy, Angel, action movies, science fiction, action adventure, Dr. Who, and so on and so on.
I love to write and while I don't post much fiction online anymore I would love to be a writer someday. I am also overweight, bipolar and suffer from allergy induced asthma.