*Make My Day
Have you seen
Click on photo for more details.
Recently shared thoughts
Friday Fives again
1. What makes you homesick? Tough one. I guess missing the familiar more than anything. With a new place I always feel a little out of it, like I don't belong. Home is where I feel comfortable, like I fit in. When I am someplace else I feel like a stranger or an outsider. Especially if there is a different cultural element to deal with.
2. Where is "home" for you? Is it where you are living now, or somewhere else (ie: Mom & Dad's house, particular state/city)?
I haven't lived at my parents house for over 15 years now. My "home" home was sold at auction over 5 years ago, after being in our family for two generations. I was always the odd one, the picked on misfit at my home town. I consider Fargo-Moorhead my home now. I have lived her over 10 years and am well established. It is where my job and my son and my house and my cats are. I feel more homesick at my mom's house.
3. What makes it home for you? People? Things? All of the above. Home is where I feel free to let go and be me. Where I don't have to always be on my best behavior. Home is where you can walk around in you icky clothes looking like crap. It is where you can eat cereal for supper or watch tv in your ratty old night gown. Home is where you are always welcome and you can relax and shut out the world.
4. Where is the furthest you've been from home, miles-wise? I guess the farthest I have been from home (for arguements sake I'll count just ND as home ) would be either Yellowstone Park, Casper Wy, or DesMoines IA. I am not much of a jet setter. I have never seen most of the world. Outside of ND, the only states I've been to are Wyomming, Idaho, Montanta, South Dakota,, Minnesota, Iowa, and I think briefly in Nebraska. In Canada I have been to several cities in Saskatewan, as well as a brief trip to Manitoba.
5. What are your plans for this weekend? Clean house, work on Cub Scout requirements. Attempt to figure out bills with our teraing my hair out, and if Child support check comes hit the grocery store.
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.
In every neighborhood there is at least one house that all the neighbors gossip about. This is a diary from the woman who lives in that house. I am a single mother in her mid thirties. I live in North Dakota with my son, Warren.
I tend to be a bit of a slob, and am the opposite of a girly-girl. I am geek girl, who loves Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Buffy, Angel, action movies, science fiction, action adventure, Dr. Who, and so on and so on.
I love to write and while I don't post much fiction online anymore I would love to be a writer someday. I am also overweight, bipolar and suffer from allergy induced asthma.