*Make My Day
Have you seen
Click on photo for more details.
Recently shared thoughts
Cold enough for you?
If you wonder wether or not we are are insane, Judge for yourself Cold air does something to the human brain.
The following was taken from from The Forum
Fargo's newspaper. I know this has been done, but it is still quite humorous and gives you an idea of what it is like up here.
Perception is a cold reality.A wise person once said, “There is no reality, just perception,” and that applies to being cold.
While “Today” show hosts discuss the “brutal” cold in the Big Apple when it hits 10 degrees, people in North Dakota are shrugging their shoulders and muttering, “They don’t know the meaning of ‘brutal.’ ”
The following, submitted via the Internet, perfectly sums up the difference in attitude about the cold between North Dakotans and the wimps living in the rest of the country.
60 above zero
- Floridians turn on the heat.
- People in North Dakota plant gardens.
50 above zero
- Texans shiver uncontrollably.
- People in Minot sunbathe.
40 above zero
- Italian and English cars won’t start.
- People in North Dakota drive with the windows down.
32 above zero
- Distilled water freezes.
- The water in Grand Forks gets thicker.
20 above zero
- Alabamans don coats, thermal underwear, gloves and wool hats.
- People in North Dakota throw on a flannel shirt.
15 above zero
- New York landlords finally turn up the heat.
- People in North Dakota have the last cookout before it gets cold.
- People in Miami die.
- North Dakotans close the windows.
10 below zero
- Californians fly to Mexico.
- People in North Dakota get out their winter coats.
25 below zero
- Hollywood disintegrates.
- The Girl Scouts in North Dakota are selling cookies door to door.
40 below zero
- Washington, D.C., runs out of hot air.
- People in North Dakota let their dogs sleep indoors.
100 below zero
- Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
- North Dakotans get frustrated because they can’t start their trucks.
460 below zero
- All atomic motion stops at absolute zero on the Kelvin scale.
- People in North Dakota start saying, “Cold ‘nuff, yet?”
500 below zero
- Hell freezes over.
- North Dakota public schools are closing
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.
In every neighborhood there is at least one house that all the neighbors gossip about. This is a diary from the woman who lives in that house. I am a single mother in her mid thirties. I live in North Dakota with my son, Warren.
I tend to be a bit of a slob, and am the opposite of a girly-girl. I am geek girl, who loves Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Buffy, Angel, action movies, science fiction, action adventure, Dr. Who, and so on and so on.
I love to write and while I don't post much fiction online anymore I would love to be a writer someday. I am also overweight, bipolar and suffer from allergy induced asthma.