*Make My Day
Have you seen
Click on photo for more details.
Recently shared thoughts
A morning in the life of The Cranky One
What is the first hour of your day like?
Does what happens then have an effect on the rest of your day?
taken from The Spark
My average morning goes something like this
- Alarm rings at 6 am
- I hit sleep button, usually repeatedly until about 6:30 or so, (sometimes a little later, such as 15 to 7) as I am NOT a morning person. Sometimes I get up earlier if I have to, such
as when I need to put Warren's clothes in the dryer or something.
- TV comes on to channel 47 because a day with out Buffy is like Halloween with out a Vampire and I'm strange that way.
- Hit the bathroom quick, then wake up Warren and get him some clothes, or send him off to pick out his own, depending on current laundry
- While Warren is waking up and getting dressed, go downstairs and attempt to make something resemebling a decent breakfast that Warren
will actually eat. Usually instant Oatmeal, sunny side well done eggs and toast, cereal, or cheesy eggs (his second fav). Sometimes toaster waffles.
- Warren comes down the stairs, usually with the blanket from the bed. He cuddles on the couch in his blanket and eats his breakfast, then takes his meds. Sometimes he doesn't want to watch Buffy, so we go for either CartoonNetwork or Nickolodeon. (loves that SpongeBob!!)
- If not too much hurry I eat a quick breakfast of whatever Warren is having. Then get his shoes and socks on (or boots depending on weather)
- Make sure Warren has snack, that his notebook is signed, and that he has anything else he needs to bring to school that day. (I try to do most of this the night before
but I am not always successfull. Make sure we have rounded up the stray glove or hat if weather need..
- 7:30 Warren's bus comes. I watch a little more Buffy then tear my self away and take my shower and get dressed for work. To save time I often brush my teeth while in the shower.
(hey it works and it saves water too..).
- I grab my lunch, make sure I have my money, keys, etc.. anything else I need to remember (usually), and head out and start my car. I wait a bit for my car to warm up, as this is ND and it is winter so it does tend to be on the cold side. Then I take off for work, making sure to make my daily stop at M&H for a fill up on my mug of soda. (Hey a 34 oz refill for $.36 can't go wrong). Depending on sometimes I will also grab a bagel, or a croisanwhich or something to take to work.
- Then I get to work and my day really begins.
Usually I can tell right away if its going to be a good day or a not so good day. If Warren wakes up in a good mood it usually means the morning will go smooth and I can count on having a fairly good day. If either I or him however has a rocky wake up it usually means that the day will be less than wonderful. As a rule though if Warren gets at least a minimum of 9 hours of sleep, he will wake up in a reasonably good mood, but if he is sleep deprived, then waking him up is near impossible, and the day will usually be off to a less than wonderful start.
Warren is also the kind of kid, who (like his Mom) must have something to eat or he will be cranky until snack time. I hate it when we are running late and he either doesn't get a real breakfast (such as it is), or gets a cold quick breakfast (PB&J anyone??). It seems to set a tone for the rest of the day. Especially if he gets into an arguement with me, it seems to make for a really hard morning. At least that is the impression I get from the notes in his notebook that they send home each night. (part of the program he is in, is that the school has a notebook for each child in the BASE program and the teacher (of the BASE program or his para) leave notes each day for the parents sometims a quick had a great day, or sometimes something more indepth, and then I have to sign it and can leave any note for them. In order for Warren to "shop" for any prizes with his points that day).
It also seems to make a difference if it is Friday or Monday. It seems like these are the two hardest days of the week for Warren. Just taking a random guess, but I would say the fact that they are transition days, coupled with dealing with his father, who he loves, but is also angry at, makes for a very hard time when you are only 8.8 years old.
Now everyone knows more than they probably want to know about a day in the life of me, well the getting started part anyway. Yet to come, the average day in the life, the witching hour version.
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.
In every neighborhood there is at least one house that all the neighbors gossip about. This is a diary from the woman who lives in that house. I am a single mother in her mid thirties. I live in North Dakota with my son, Warren.
I tend to be a bit of a slob, and am the opposite of a girly-girl. I am geek girl, who loves Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Buffy, Angel, action movies, science fiction, action adventure, Dr. Who, and so on and so on.
I love to write and while I don't post much fiction online anymore I would love to be a writer someday. I am also overweight, bipolar and suffer from allergy induced asthma.