Update and random trivia
I should have known my son would eventually give me the virus that was making him sick. What better way to get rid of a virus than to hand it off to somebody else. Remind me to thank him properly. Good thing tommorrow is my day off.
I had my monthly conference with Warren's teacher's and such today. He has come along way, but still has a long way to go. He has a very hard time trusting and respecting authority figures. He also needs some more positive (male) role models out of the school system. I'm also going to be looking to some respite care services, to give him another place to go and someone to hang out with and do fun things with (and give me a break). This program also helps provide some services to work with me (yayyy).
I'm not sure what we are going to do this summer but I would like to see him get involved in some swimming program (we are with in walking distance, and he is quite a good swimmer). If transportation wasn't an issue (not to mention cost) I think he would love Trollwood, as building sets, running lights and doing sound checks would be right up his alley. Hopefully we'll figure something out, as this will be the first year since first grade that he won't be in summer school.
I feel like crap. So instead of a deep thoughtful entry (hehehe), I leave you with some random assorted trivia you never wanted to know about me.
1. I was born with black hair, that fell out and than came in ultra light blonde. I've been getting darker ever since.
2. I am one of the only people I know who only wears her watch on the right wrist.
3. The only ring I wear is my dad's class ring, class of 1949.
4. My favorite vegetable is asparagus, I especially like it when it is roasted with olive oil and some rosemary.
5. I once broke my wrist falling off of a rocking chair. The fact that I was using it as a stepping stool may have had something to do with it.
6. I have a hard time tolerating total silence. I have to have a tv, radio or some kind of background noise at almost all times.
7. Certain sounds (most likely certain frequencies) make me go totally wiggy.
8. I am missing a tooth on my lower left jaw.
9. All four of my grandparents were born before 1900, and all four spoke more than one language.
10. I've almost drown twice
11. I got in trouble on the first day of first grade for sticking my tongue out at a teacher I didn't know. My first grade teacher scared the crap out of me, when I got in trouble.
12. My mom actually sent me to school with a glass lined thermos for my orange juice. I promptly dropped it and broke it as soon as I got off the bus, and proceeded at lunch to attemt to drink orange juice with out swallowing glass pieces. (hey I was only 6)
13. I once had a friend who tried to sign me up (er sucker me into) selling Grit magazine as a kid (does anyone beside me actually remember this paper)
14. I once had an earing back stuck in my ear lobe far enough that I needed to have a doctor remove it. It was only found when my ear became infected. I was in 7th grade at the time
15. Three out of my four grandparents were not born on US soil.
16. I once created my own pound cake (like) recipe when I was 7. My mom wrote it down and still has a copy of the recipe. I used to love making up my own recipes when I was a kid. I still hear about the rubber cookies. Hey nobody told me alum wasnt' a great idea for cookies.
17. My least favorite farm job was riding on the rock picker. I ripped many pairs of pants on that thing. As the one riding on it, had to hope off an pick up any rocks it didn't get that were big enough to wreck the farm machinery.
18. I am the only member of my family not born in a month with snow on the ground.
19. I grew up in a house with a bathtub, but no shower. The bathtub was under a window. The house had originally been built before indoor plumbing. The bathroom was originally a bedroom.
20. We also actually had a party line, which meant if you picked up the phone at the right time you could listen in on the nieghbor's conversations, and if the nieighbor was using the phone, you couldn't. I was in 4th or 5th grade when we finally got private lines.
21. I can still remember my home phone number from childhood, even though it has been almost 13 years since it belong to my parents.
22. I love the smell of Lysol
23. I have very long skinny fingers. When I was a kid, one of my friends used to say I had frog fingers.
24. When I was 4-6 years old, I had to have the door open and the hall light on so that I could see the aliens if they came to get me. I'm not sure what I would do if they came to me, but being able to see them first made me feel safe.
25.In first grade I peed my pants because I was too shy to raise my hand and ask if I could use the bathroom. The secretary had some clothes in the office and I had to go home in pants that were about three sizes too big.
26. Once when my cousin was supposed to be taking care of me at the local county fair, she lost her wallet, while she was looking for it, I disappeared on her, and stole free rides on the merry go round.
27. I was already in a b cup before my mom ever realized it was time to buy me a bra. And I was only ten at the time.
28. The first time my mom took me to see Snow White when I was about 6 I freaked out when the witch sent the woodsmen to get snows heart. My mom had to leave. She didn't get to see it as a kid, and this was her first chance to see it on the screen. She only got to see not even 15 minutes of it.
29. I went thru a major Laura Ingalls phase as a kid. I even had an old 1880s style prairie dress from some school program that I wore the hell out of.
30. I graduated high school at 17, but only because I started first grade two weeks after my 6th birthday.
I'm out of trivia. I never realized I was such a weird kid.
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.