*Make My Day
Have you seen
Click on photo for more details.
Recently shared thoughts
Magical Mystery Meme tour
If you are new here, a lurker or just haven't said toodles in a while, feel free to drop me a note. If I wasn't an attention whore at heart, I wouldn't be unloading on the WWW. I've been trying to delurk on some of the diaries I visit and don't comment on much. I've still a long way to go, so if I miss you consider this an appology. I'll try to get to more diaries.
In honor of Delurk week, I've decided to skip my usual entry and do a couple of meme's that have been going around. I was tagged on one, the other I sort of stole from a friend on LJ. I'll do an entry on Warren's Dr. visits and such next time.
I was tagged by Kat for this one. Instead of naming anyone at the end, I'm just going to tag anyone who hasn't done it and wants to do it.
Five Random Things about me
1. Despite the fact that I am a so-so swimmer and love pools and hot tubs, I am terrified of deep water to the point where it borders on a phobia. This stems from almost drowing, not once, but twice in my life. Once by accident when I over estimated my abilities and got in over my head, no pun intended. That time my dad was close by and pulled me out, as I had shut down and went in to panic mode. The other time was at a Church Youth group Pool party type of affair, when some wise guy decided to push me in the pool. I also paniced but was close to the edge and somebody who I can't even remember pulled me out. Luckily Warren is a great swimmer, who loves to dive and has no fear of water deep or shallow at all.
2. I walked on my toes until I was past 7 years old. My folks used to joke I was going to be a dancer. I have a feeling had I been born into a different family, I might have been put in dance or gymnatices, neither of which was really available to us, and my folks weren't big on that sort of thing, even though I learned to polka by the time I was three, and by the age of 6 could do, flips (in the snow), somersaults and other maneuvers all self taught. I was hyperactive and the last person anybody expected to have weight issues as an adult. My parents actually though for a long time I was going to be tiny like my cousin Joan (now in her mid to late 40's), who is built like a young good looking Dr. Ruth. Show's what they knew.
3. When I broke my arm almost 9 years ago, I did some weird nerve damage to my wrist/hand. I have almost no use of my left thumb. I can not make a thumbs up and can barely use it for typing. It has full feeling, but I have no ability to move it. The strange part is it took me weeks after I got my last cast off, before I noticed.
4. I've lost a huge amount of weight in my life - twice. And both times managed to gain a large amount of it back. The first time was in high school during my junior - senior year. One hot dog and one comment from my mom was all it took for me to let it all go to hell. The next time was a bout a year before I met Mike. I went totally healthy, at Laco-Ovo (vegetarian who does dairy), walked a mile plus every day and dropped almost a hundred pounds. I even got on stage once, at a local health fair with Richard Simmons. Shortly afterwards I met Mike and Warren was soon in the oven. Amazingly my weightloss may have made for a better pregnancy, though I was still over weight. I was sick all nine months, and still actually lost weight without trying. My dr actually threatend to put me on 2% or whole milk to get me to gain a few pounds. I couldn't keep anything down. I even wound up in the hospital when I was about 6 months along. I had the flu, bladder/kidney infection and couldn't even keep water in. Thankfully I still had cravings, mainly for milk, fried eggs, grape juice, and cherry popscicles. That is mainly what I lived on. And somehow Warren still managed a healthy 7.25 pounds, though he had very little baby fat to speak of.
5. When I was a small child I was so bashful, I hid in a cupboard from the babysitter, and once wet my pants in first grade because I was to shy to raise my hand and ask to use the bathroom. I wouldn't go up to somebody even to ask a simple question, yet if they would give me a part in a play or program I would love it. When I had to give speeches in high school I would rush through it so fast, I sounded like the guy from those old Federal Express commercials.
This meme, I stole from LiveJournal, but I've seen variation of it going around other places. I just made a few changes since this is diaryland.
Here on diaryland, many of us have been reading each other for quite sometime and may feel like we know each other fairly well. But do we. Ask me any question that you want, or that should be obvious, but isn't. You can be silly or serious, just play nice. I will follow up with an entry to answer all the questions as best I can. If you haven't done a meme like this, feel free to copy/paste make up your own version
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.
In every neighborhood there is at least one house that all the neighbors gossip about. This is a diary from the woman who lives in that house. I am a single mother in her mid thirties. I live in North Dakota with my son, Warren.
I tend to be a bit of a slob, and am the opposite of a girly-girl. I am geek girl, who loves Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Buffy, Angel, action movies, science fiction, action adventure, Dr. Who, and so on and so on.
I love to write and while I don't post much fiction online anymore I would love to be a writer someday. I am also overweight, bipolar and suffer from allergy induced asthma.