Winter Grumbleland, and other assorted brick a brack
I can't believe it! It snowed last night and this morning. Granted its only about 3 inches or so, and most of it has melted, but this is not a good sign of things to come. Hopefully Warren won't be high jumping snow drifts on Halloween. I have many memories of that. Just one of the joys of living up north here in Hoth Dakota.
My sweater is comming apart in places where threads have mysteriously started comming out. Though if truth be told, I think they had a little help. **MEOW**
As far as work goes, I am still bored and tired of it all. Many days I feel like I really need a desk like this. But I doubt my company would agree. Its worth a shot, but needless to say I wouldn't hold my breath. And yes if you haven't already figured it out, I am being sarcastic because I am definately in one of those moods. The kind that radiate a good old "shut up and pass the chocolate, Its PMS time" attitude to the world. Living in a house of testosterone hell doesn't help matters. That is for sure. But I can rest happy I am having a better day than this poor guy. How the heck do you manage to do that anyway? Then again, as the person who tore her foot open on a not so hidden nail in her parents lazy-Boy when she was 4, and who broke the window on the spring door and nearly amputated her big toe at 7 the same year she sprained her ankle tripping over a dried up mud puddle, perhaps I shouldn't speak too soon.
Since others have been doing a "hundred or whatever number of things about me" list. I figured I'd do the same. I've done it before, but what the heck..
1. I loathe bananas in any way shape or form. I get nauseaus at the smell of bannanas. Banana breathe on someone else has been known to make me ill.
2. I still buy them on occasion for my son, as he loves them and they are good for him, despite there atrocious odor and (to me) taste.
3. My favorite herb/root/seasoning is ginger. I love the smell of ginger, I love ginger tea, I love ginger as a seasoning in many foods. I often buy the hole old lady hand shaped root. It is one of the best smells I know.
4. There are 10 eating establishments with in walking distance of where I live. Including Krispy Kreme, Culvers, Godfathers, Kroll's Diner, A taste of India, Rib West (worlds greatest Ribs), Denny's, Hot Stuff Pizza, a move around drive thru Coffee place, and a Sandwhich place I can't think of the name of.
5. I have eaten at only half of those places.
6. My current shoes have zippers instead of laces.
7. If you see me in a skirt chances are either a)someone died or b) someone is getting married
8. Ditto for if you see me in makeup.
9. I have a Garfied, a stuffed Moose, a plastic Boo (from Monsters Inc), and a little pom pon with a no smoking flag, sitting on the top of my work computer.
10. I still have a green bow from ST. Patricks with a small alien eraser in the middle stuck on my monitor at the bottom.
11. I have not been to my hometown in over 10 years.
12. I have not been to the house I grew up in, in over 4 years.
13. That house is now a hunting lodge, and strangers are sleeping in what used to be my bedroom.
14.I miss that house, even though I hated it with a passion when I was growing up there.
15. I had a Yankee Clipper Sled when I was a kid. It had metal runners and was other wise made of wood.
16. We used to slide down the ditches, because there weren't any hills where we lived that were big enough.
17. We got a snowmobile when I was 10. I started driving it when I was 11 or 12.
18. Said snowmobile could do up to 70 mph.
19. The thought of my son ever driving anything that even approaches that speed, terrify's me.
20. My son will be old enough to get a license in 7 years.
21. Considering he was only born last week, this means he should be driving by Tuesday. (that was sarcasm, if you didn't figure that out.).
22. I once rode my bike 10 miles (each way), to see Return of the Jedi the second time it was released. Because my parents wouldn't take me, and I didn't have my license yet.
23. If I could afford it, I would attend school forever. I love to learn new things.
24. I get bored very easily, and then I need to move on to something else.
25. This usually happens as soon as I start to get good at something and know what I am doing.
26. I learned to French braid when I was 9. From my then best friends mom.
27. I do not want to have any more children.
28. The thought of being out of work, and staying home with no viable income (as I would never work with an infant) of my own is terrifying.
29. I also find wise cracking 9 year old boys to be an excellent form of birth control.
30. My office is across the street from a XXX porn movie house/bookstore/toy emporium.
31. I currently have a most bizzare craving for fried chicken.
32. I had fried chicken for Lunch, but am still craving it.
33. My Dad raised durum, which is the grain that is used to make semolina, which is the main ingredient in pasta.
34.If you ate any pasta in the 70's 80's or before, it may have came from my our farm.
35. We also occasionally raised hard red spring wheat, which is used for making flour.
36. I could tell you things about the food industry and the food you eat that would make you give up eating all together.
37. I started wearing a bra at age 10 in 5th grade.
38. I got my first period when I was 11.
39. It showed up the day before the first day of 6th grade.
40.I saw my first chicken butchered when I was about 3 years old.
41. When I was young I would have nightmares about dismembered heads in our kitchen.
42. When I was under 5, I would hide in a cupboard under our kitchen counter if company would come, or a babysiter.
43. My mom always knew where to find me, but I once almost gave a sitter a heart attack.
44. I am addicted to Ranch dressing.
45. My favorite singer of all time is MeatLoaf.
Well I made it to 45, but since it is time to go home. I will see if I can come up with some more tommorrow.
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.