*Make My Day
Have you seen
Click on photo for more details.
Recently shared thoughts
More than anyone wants to know
101 things about me (or as many as I can get
- I have never been married
- I have an obsession with Star Wars, and other sci fi epics such as ST Terminator etc.
- Mike is almost 8 years older than me
- I was 23 when I had my son
- My mom was 36 when she had me
- and 39 almost 40 when my brother was born
- My mom is the 10th of 13 kids,
- one of her brothers has 10 kids, several of her siblings have 5 or 6 kids
- I have more cousins than I can count
- on my mom's side all of us cousins range in age from 19 - 60.
- My mom's oldest sister became a grandmother for the first time two weeks before my mom had me (her first child)
- My dad is the youngest of two kids
- My Grandmother taught school in a one room school house for many years before my Aunt and Dad came along
- on my Mom's side my great great somebody or other was a personal dr. for Kaiser Wilhelm
- My mom didn't learn English until she started school, now she barely remembers much of the German
- I grew up 15 miles from the Canadian border
- We had three Canadian TV stations and two American ones until PBS came to our area when I was around 9 or so.
- I grew up in the same house my Dad was raised in.
- I fired a gun for the first time when I was 10, my dad showed me how.
- I learned to drive a four-wheeler at 12
- I started driving the snowmobile around 10 or 11. (it went up to 75 80 mph, I dont' know what my parents were thinking)
- When I was 15 I missed hitting a utility pole head one by less than six inches. I had nightmares for weeks.
- After I saw Temple of Doom the first time, I could not eat rice crispies for over a month
- bananas or anything with banana flavor or scent makes me nauseous
- We got a dog when I was three right before my brother was born
- We had to put the dog to sleep finally my senior year in high school.
- I once rode my bike 10 miles in to town to see Return of the Jedi (I was 15 or 16) because no one would take me, and they wouldn't let me drive
- I got my learners permit when I was 14, the joys of being a farm girl
- I got my first period the day before I started 6th grade.
- I started wearing a B cup in 5th grade
- I walked on my toes until I was almost 8 years old
- My parents used to joke about me being a dancer
- my favorite animal is the cat
- I graduated high school at 17
- I started first grade two weeks after my 6th birthday.
- When I was in first grade I wet my pants becaue I was too shy to raise my hand.
- When I was little I would hide in a cupboard in the kitchen when strangers would come, or
- I wanted to hide from my mother.
- I had to be really tiny to fit in this cupboard
- I was convinced Warren was a girl till the doctor said "its a boy"
- Before he was born I called him "KasAndra"
- I was named after a patient my mom took care of in the pediatric ward when she was a Nurse's aid.
- I once broke my arm when I fell off a rocking chair. (I was standing on it to reach something) I was home with Warren at night. Warren was three.
- It was broke in two places
- I had to drive my self to the hospital when Mike came home several hours later.
- The car I had at the time was a two door and only the passanger side door worked
- It was winter.
- When I was 8 or so I broke the chandelier in our living room
- I was trying to make is spin like a strobe light
- When I was 7 a very embarrasing picture of me made the front page of our local paper
- My dad had a copy of that page for years
- I went for over a 3 years with out a soda pop
- I started drinking it again, when I went back to work
- I lost over 100 pounds in one year, by walking and eating semi-vegetarian
- Then I got pregnant with Warren
- I was not gaining enough when I was pregnant
- This had my doctor worried
- I "created" my first recipe at 7
- it was actually edible
- I have a nasty scar on my heel
- It is from when I was 4 and I put my foot in the lazy boy an ripped it on a nail
- I have a scar on my chin from when I was just learning to walk and I fell on a floor grate at my aunts house
- When I was a little kid I used to talk to imaginary friends and act of scenes from books in my room.
- I graduated high school in 1987
- I graduated in a class of 32 kids
- all but 3 or 4 of us had been in the same class since kindergarten.
- I attended a public kindergarten that was held in a church basement because of space issues
- When I was in 5th - 8th grade I had the same band teacher as my aunt.
- My aunt graduated high school in 1947
- this is very hard to do
- I had never worked with computers or the internet before I went back to school 4 years ago.
- My favorite comdy is M*A*S*H
- I've met Richard Simmons in person
- He really is that annoyingly perky
- I have an autograph somewhere
- The first movie I ever saw in a theatre was Pippi Longstocking
- I was 7
- Before that my mom tried to take me to Snow White when I was 6
- I freaked when the witch sent the woodcutter after Snow Whites heart
- I was in my 20's before I saw the movie again
- I could get in for $.75
- When I was 5 and my cousin was babysitting me at the fair I snuck away from her
- and snuck on the Merry-go-round for free
- It took her three hours to find me
- I used to pick Crocuses in the horse pasture when I was a kid
- I was born with jet black hair
- it fell out shortly after I was born
- It came back in very very blonde
- its been getting darker since then
- I started getting grey hair the same time I became a mom
- I don't think this is a coincidence
- The first thing I ever won was in 4th grade
- I got third place for an anti-temperance (anti drinking) poster
- I won $3
- It was a picture of bottles of booze and beer with one tipped over
- I don't remember what the words were
- I was a girl scout from 2nd grade thru junior high
- If I lived in my home town, my son would have almost all of the same teachers I had.
- there was over a mile from our house to the nearest neighbor when I was a kid
- I was 7 when we finally got color tv.
- My "full" name is Holly May Maria ******
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.
In every neighborhood there is at least one house that all the neighbors gossip about. This is a diary from the woman who lives in that house. I am a single mother in her mid thirties. I live in North Dakota with my son, Warren.
I tend to be a bit of a slob, and am the opposite of a girly-girl. I am geek girl, who loves Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Buffy, Angel, action movies, science fiction, action adventure, Dr. Who, and so on and so on.
I love to write and while I don't post much fiction online anymore I would love to be a writer someday. I am also overweight, bipolar and suffer from allergy induced asthma.