*Make My Day
Have you seen
Click on photo for more details.
Recently shared thoughts
All About Me
Well if its possible to be up and down at the same time, I think I've figured out how.. I got ahold of Heather and have an appointment on Monday.. Tommorrow Warren has his Tova test... wish us luck..
Yesterday was Warren's birthday.. June 20th, my baby turned 8 years old.. I can't believe he is that old already.. It feels like he should be still a baby.. They grow up soo fast.. We had a good day.. it wasnt' a big party and too do like usual. but I think it was good. I got off work early and picked him up.. they were at the park when I got to day care so I had to go pick him up.. Then I had to cash a check my mom sent, but I didnt'have my stinking ID so we had to do a bunch of running around to get that adn get to the bank in time.. Then we went to Barnes and Noble to pick out his birthday presents.. I couldn't afford the bike.. (not if I want to pay the electric bill) but he got Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, a bok a bout weather, a Three D dinosaur book, and a snap together dinosaur model..After that we went to Petco and bought some stuff for the cats.. (I have pics of them now, I just need to get them scanned in..). Then we went out to eat at the Royal Fork and of course we ate wayy to much. Everyone always makes like a Pig at the Royal Fork, but its Warren's favorite place and it was his Birthday. After that we went to West Acres and went to see Atlantis.. All in all it was a good movie.. The action was well animated, the characters were almost three dimensional, (almost).. the story had some huge glaring plot holes and continuity problems (okay maybe I expect to much, this IS Disney..) and a very predictable Disney ending. but the females were very strong and kick arse so I can over look the out of period errors and the continuity problems. It was fun. Then we went home. and by then Warren was bushed..
Since everyone else is introducing themselves I though I might as well too. My name is Holly, I am 32 and a single mother of an eigtht year old boy named Warren.. I work as a help desk technician, and I live in North Dakota.. I love action adventure, and science fiction.. I am what could be described as a disillusion Christian.. I recently had my ex shackup evicted by the cops when I filed a restraining order.. The rest of me can be explained by the Diary rings I join.My Diary Rings
1. Blogging Mommies - I am a Mommy.. That one is pretty self explanatory. I often write about my son.
2. Star Wars Fan - take a look around.. I absolutely love Star Wars.. The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite movie, and Han Solo is my favorite character. I've been a fan since the very beginning.
3. Big-N-Proud - I am no where near a size two and I never will be.. I am a full size woman and have learned to be proud of who I am, most of the time..
4. Glasses Pride - I'm a four eyes.. I can't function with out them.. No contacts for me.. Too much work, mess and expense.
5. Please Like Me - I'm on diaryland, I obviously have some need to be heard, like anyone else I want people to like me. (but not if it means selling out what I believe in..)
6. Mental Illness and Happy Helmet - I have been diagnosed as Bi-Polar II, which is a milder form. I have suffered most likely for most of my life. I take medication, but everyday is a struggle to cope with.. I have up days and down days, but mostly in between days.. I prefer to think of it as ups and downs interupted by occasional periods of normalacy.
7. 100% Individual - I am me, take it or leave it.. I stopped trying to become what others want a long time ago.. "To thine own self be true..." If you dont' like it TOUGH
8. Feminist - I believe in equality for all, and that gender should not stand in a persons way.. I believe woman should have the same changes and opportunities as men, and that sex color religion and sexuality should not be used in judging a person .
9. Single Again - see above .. I went thru a very ugly (and still not very pretty) break up in Novemeber 2000.
10. Depression - its the second half of being bi-polar.. I have high highs, and low lows.. somedays I am bouncing off the walls, others I can barely get out of bed, though some how I manage to..
11. Mama Diaries - see blogging mommies. I am a mom who loves her son.
12. Bibliophile and I love to Read - Books are my life.. I have been addicted to reading since I was 7 and picked up my first copy of Charlottes Web.. Barenes and Noble is one of my favoritest hang outs in the whole world.
13. I am a Cat - Cats are the coolest pets in the world.. I have always loved cats more than any other animal. they are facinating.. I have two kitties, Chloe adn Chester.
14. Fan Fiction - I love to write stories when I have the time.. I am working on a Han/Leia SW story, but I never seem to be able to work on it.. see my link on the side for current efforts.. I also have one in my May entries..
15. Insane - Normal is highly over rated.. who want to be a clone of everyone else droning along in a meaningless nothing..
16. Sinister Babe - This one I am not sure of either.. it just sounds cool.. and I am definately a strong chick, I have had no choice.. it was either be strong or kill myself..
17. Cool Frood and Hitchhiker..Milliways.. - I love the Hitchhiker books. Douglas Adams was a genius, and they are soo hilarious, so leave my towel alone, and pass the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.
18. Sci Fi Chicks - I am a chick who prefers so called "non feminine" genres.. From Dr Who to Star Trek.. Star Wars, Dark Shadows, V, Alien Nation, Aliens, Terminator, and so on.. I also love Ray Bradbury, Douglas Adams, Holly Lisle, Isaac Asimov, Joseph Campbell (not a sci fi author but very good anyway, and explains alot of the appeal..), Arthur C. Clarke...
19. Union of Single Motherhood - I started this one to hopefully connect with other single moms struggling thru this mess we call life..
Wow thats a lot of rings.. and I'll probably join more.. there a several I would "qualify" for.. but I dont want to get to carried away..
Time to go check my email..
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.
In every neighborhood there is at least one house that all the neighbors gossip about. This is a diary from the woman who lives in that house. I am a single mother in her mid thirties. I live in North Dakota with my son, Warren.
I tend to be a bit of a slob, and am the opposite of a girly-girl. I am geek girl, who loves Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Buffy, Angel, action movies, science fiction, action adventure, Dr. Who, and so on and so on.
I love to write and while I don't post much fiction online anymore I would love to be a writer someday. I am also overweight, bipolar and suffer from allergy induced asthma.