*Make My Day
Have you seen
Click on photo for more details.
Recently shared thoughts
Friday, or err. Saturday 5
brought to you courtesy of Friday Five
- What was the first thing you ever cooked? Probably a cake. When I was little my mom would let me experiment sometimes. My first "recipe" was a maplish loaf cake that wieghed about 2 pounds, but was actually not too bad. I think my mom still has the "recipe" written down somewhere. I was about 7. I also used to make pancakes for breakfast on Saturdays. I make a mean pancake even today.
- What's your signature dish? I have a couple I guess. I make a super delicious cheesy potato bake with or with out ham. Its basically a white sauce with sauteed onions and American cheese (chedder is to greasy and cheese product won't work, it has to be REAL cheese). Layer with sliced potatos, you can add ham or broccoli etc.. bake till taters are tender or you can put it in a crock pot. I also make a mean 7-layer, or should I say 6 layer bar as I hate nuts, except for a peanuts, almonds or cashews. My other best dishes would be my aunt's coleslaw recipe and my Mt. Dew Salad. I also make several other dishes that I can throw toghether with out a recipe. I love food.
- Ever had a cooking disaster? (tasted like crap, didn't work, etc.) Describe. Many many. I cannot make a pie crust from scratch to save my life. I also once left a crock pot on high instead of low all day. Instead of a nice well down roast it had turned into a burnt pile of mush. There have been other disasters of too much salt, forgot and ingredient or just a bad recipe.
- If skill and money were no object, what would make for your dream meal? My dream meal would be an outdoor bbq with endless bbq ribs, coleslaw, beans and French Silk pie. These are things I love, but can never seem to get right (pie crusts adn bbq ribs, the rest I can do with my eyes closed)
- What are you doing this weekend? I have a date with a mop and a toilet brush. I may hang out at B&N with one of my friends on Sunday. That's about as exciting as it gets at the Cranky house.
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.
In every neighborhood there is at least one house that all the neighbors gossip about. This is a diary from the woman who lives in that house. I am a single mother in her mid thirties. I live in North Dakota with my son, Warren.
I tend to be a bit of a slob, and am the opposite of a girly-girl. I am geek girl, who loves Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Buffy, Angel, action movies, science fiction, action adventure, Dr. Who, and so on and so on.
I love to write and while I don't post much fiction online anymore I would love to be a writer someday. I am also overweight, bipolar and suffer from allergy induced asthma.