*Make My Day
Have you seen
Click on photo for more details.
Recently shared thoughts
Life with Warren and Me
1. If you could eat dinner with and "get to know" one famous person (living or dead), who would you choose? Now that is a hard one. There are several famous people I would like to meet. George Lucas, Gene Roddenberry, Cameryn Manneheim, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, many of the ST cast, I could go on. But as for someone I would like to sit down with and actually get to know, I can't really decide. I don't really know enough of what a lot of these people are like in real life to know if they would be a cool friend or what. I guess I could say Geroge, just because he sounds alot of way like me when I was a teenager. He seems a very down to earth and smart creative person, and he is a single parent so beyond SW we would have other things to relate to.
2. Has the death of a famous person ever had an effect on you? Who was it and how did you feel? Not in any signifigant way, although I did have a strange reaction when Carroll O'Conner died, simply because in many ways he reminded me of my father. If Archie Bunker were a few points smarter with a redneck background he would be my dad.
3. If you could BE a famous person for 24 hours, who would you choose? Frankly I do not want to be famous. I would love to be an annoymous famous person if that makes sense. Where everybody loves something I did, but doesn't actually know me. But the idea of being famous and having everybody and their Uncle George want to know the private details of my life and strangers hanging out at my house. FORGET IT!! I like my privacy too much. I hate being the center of attention.
4. Do people ever tell you that you look like someone famous? Who? No. I don't really resemble any one famous. If I had to pick a famous person who looks most like I do in real life I would say Camryn Manneheim from The Practice, except I have shorter hair and only one piercing in each ear. Otherwise we have the same build and very similiar facial features.
5. Have you ever met anyone famous? Lets see. I shook Richard Simmons hand at a Health Fair once about 10 years ago, when I was on stage with him (and several other women). Folks that is not an illusion, he really is that annoyingly perky. I havent' really met any other famous people.
Last night was another one of those nights. I left work early because it was slow and I didnt' have child care after 2pm because of Mike's work schedule. I think I was having a mood swing or some pre PMS or somthing. I was in a really short and bithy mood all evening. I never did make my Knepfla. I didnt' even feel like cooking. Finally about 7 I took Warren out. Neither of us was really hungery, just kinda hungry. So we ended up at Ponderosa. Actually not a bad place. They actually only charged me a child's price for Warren's buffet. The fools.. (hahahahaha my son can eat many adults under the table, he is not fat, just a very large male). So I found place with good food when I can actually feed my son for less than $4. We actually had a fairly good time, although I ate too much and paid for it later. We got home and went to bed. That's when I had a full frontal assult attack of an acute case of the bitchys. Poor Warren, couldn't get to sleep, I was extremely tired and in a really bad cranky mood. I went ballisatic on the poor kid. This morning was a little better though. I bought him a big fresh cinnamon roll at the Starbucks station on the way to his dads. (its actually in an Amoco station but..). He was in a much better mood and so was I when I dropped him off. I even got a kiss goodbye. (usually I only get kisses when there is no one around to see, less he lose his masculine image. Kissing your mom is apparently not cool).
I need to find someone to watch him, or if i can leave early enough from work. I agree with Sandy about the commercial lization of Easter, so in lieu of a normal big grassy basket o'crap I am going to just get a small basket or other reusable container with a couple of normal treats, maybe some peeps ( I have a bizzare fascination with purple marshmellow bunnies), and some BayBlades which Warren really wants as they are apparently the fad dujour of the second grade. Beyond that we will probably go to an Easter dinner somewhere like Royal Fork or something and then come home. Maybe read about the Easter story or just hang around and do something fun. I may take him to see ET if I havne't taken him yet. Yes I admit it , when it comes to holidays I have turned into Ebeneezer Cranky. I just dont' get it. Spend al the money on junk you will enjoy for less than 24 hours, buy fancy smancy clothes that you will wear once, cook a truck load of food for people you most likely can't stand the rest of the year, sit around in chuch where half the people are hypocrites anyway. What's the point. I can think of better things to do with my time and my money.
I have been at work almost two hours. I finally got my first call. The first call tech support has had all day, or at least since our first person came in at 7am. (modified hours because of Good Friday). I open tommorrow. I think I will bring a pillow, a blanket and a good book.
Warren has appointments two days next week, so I will get enough running around then. Right now I need a vacation. My car, my house and my life are all a total mess, and in complete disarray. The sad part is right now, I am in a mood where I really dont' care.
And now for some information we could all live fine with out ever knowing.
Take the What Sex Position Are You? test by Ley Ley
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.
In every neighborhood there is at least one house that all the neighbors gossip about. This is a diary from the woman who lives in that house. I am a single mother in her mid thirties. I live in North Dakota with my son, Warren.
I tend to be a bit of a slob, and am the opposite of a girly-girl. I am geek girl, who loves Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Buffy, Angel, action movies, science fiction, action adventure, Dr. Who, and so on and so on.
I love to write and while I don't post much fiction online anymore I would love to be a writer someday. I am also overweight, bipolar and suffer from allergy induced asthma.