*Make My Day
Have you seen
Click on photo for more details.
Recently shared thoughts
The time change didn't mess with my brain as much as I thought it would. Getting up was still a trip, but I managed. Once I got some food and tea in to me, I was functional. And despire dire Y2K type predictions, like then nothing actually happened beyond a few people showing up late. Life went on.
I hate being old. I used to be a night owl, stay up hyper and caffienated all night long and still drag my sleep deprived arse to 8am class, and do it all over again, night after night. Now I go to a movie party at a friends house, duck out at a rather early hour of 11pm and I'm still hungover the next morning even though I never actually imbibed. Now I'm lucky if I can make it to Jay's monologue. I'm usually snorning before Too Tall Tom gets thru the weather.
"Motherhood killed the night owl".
But I'm not a morning person either. I've been known to eat small children for breakfast if they get in my way before I'm sufficiantly away. I hate perky larks.
Is there a category for afternoon people??
In lieu of an actual entry I instead bring to you:
Things I don't understand about my own gender - part 2
1. Thongs. Not only am I disgusted by the idea of putting underwear in a place I've spent the better part of my life trying to keep it out of, but they are also super highways for all sorts of nasty germs that have no business migrating. There are much more sanitary and comfortable ways to eliminate the dreaded VPL.
2. Micro mini's. It's one thing to show off great legs, if you are blessed as Tina Turner that's great for you, but if you can't bend over or exit a car with out violating public nudity laws than its time for something a little longer.
3. Going commando - Gross, just gross. Everytime I try on pants I pray to the gods of dressing rooms, you didn't try them on before me.
4. Going on binges because you ate a cookie. - WTF?? If you spend to much money, you don't say screw it and dig yourself deeper in debt. Its the same thing.
5. Aversion to "guy movies" personally I love a good explosion, or a good shoot out. I'll take fantasy violence over the real thing any day. I love a good action/adventure/sci fi/fantasy movie. I prefer them over most "chick flicks" any day.
Which brings me to a totally different topic. Why must movies be genred by gender. Can't it just be a damn movie. I'm sure there are guys who like a good cry fest as much as there are women who like to watch things go boom.
I'm not saying I don't like a good drama, cause I do love dramas if they are well down and not sappy. I like all kinds of movies. I just dont'think they should be gender stereotyped, or categorized. Just cause I love Star Wars or think snake Pliskin is cool, doesn't mean I can't also love Meryl in Devil Wears Prada or die laughing at Little Miss Sunshine.
It's possible to love both Terry Gilliam and Robert Altman as much as Kevin smith or Penny Marshall. Just cause I want to see Pan's Labryinth doesn't mean I won't enjoy Thirteen.
Don't peg me into one catategory.
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.
In every neighborhood there is at least one house that all the neighbors gossip about. This is a diary from the woman who lives in that house. I am a single mother in her mid thirties. I live in North Dakota with my son, Warren.
I tend to be a bit of a slob, and am the opposite of a girly-girl. I am geek girl, who loves Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Buffy, Angel, action movies, science fiction, action adventure, Dr. Who, and so on and so on.
I love to write and while I don't post much fiction online anymore I would love to be a writer someday. I am also overweight, bipolar and suffer from allergy induced asthma.