*Make My Day
Have you seen
Click on photo for more details.
Recently shared thoughts
Finally!! An Update
It's been an interesting week to say the least.
I've managed to make a nice home for some lost virus's who in turn have made my body feel like its been run over by a convoy, one of those extra long Austrailain super train convoys.
Warren in his infinite 13 year old wisdom has taken to try and convince me that he should be allowed to look at porn. UM yeah, maybe in another universe buddy, not in this one. So we went round and round about that last night. My son is not going to grow up thinking of women as sex objects, and judging us all by some impossible standard maintainable only with anorexia and an air brush. Nor is he allowed to have sex until he's on his own with a job and a clue, but that's another issue.
He's at the age, where he thinks he has all the answers, but really isn't even aware of all the questions yet.
Yesteray I was walking home and I heard the strangest noise I've ever heard, like a duck trying to strangle a sparrow or something. When I finally looked up in the tree I found myself eye to eye with a very pissed off squirell who was apperently cussing me out. Not being fluent in squirell I have no idea what his problem is. Where is Dr. Doolittle when you need him?
Money issues still suck. We aint' destitue, and we aint' gonna starve, but just once I would like to have some extra cash and not have to balance everything down to the last penny, or use the $10 gift card I got from work to buy milk to last until pay day.
I've also been tagged by the lovely Lena. I've been so spaced out, it took me over a week and some of reading to realize she was Kat'sMom. I'm not the brightest these days, that's for sure.
Ten good things about me
1. I will do anything to look out for my son, he's the center of my universe, even when he makes me insane.
2. I'm very open minded, and willing to give almost anyone a chance.
3. I've been told I make the best spaghetti and meatballs around.
4. I have some of the best product knowledge at work out side of those actaully trained in nutrition and supplements.
5. I taught myself how to swim
6. I am very loyal to my friends and will do almost anything if asked and I am able to.
7. Hearing impaired customers seem to love me, apparently I was blessed with a voice that is clear and travels quite well. I've been told I sound loud even when I don't think I'm talking loud.
8. I've lost 70 pounds since January, and I did it the old fasioned/hard way, thru healthy choices, reasonable portions and lots of exercise. no pills, fads, gimmicks, or surgery.
9. I believe there are at least two sides to almost every story, sometimes more.
10. I love to do things for other people
10 negative things
1. I can hold a grudge like a pit bull if you hurt me bad enough. I may move on, but I don't ever forget.
2. I can be very moody, and sometimes change moods faster than a pair of socks.
3. When I get deeply into doing something and in to the "zone" I get very irritated with any interruption.
4. I suck at finances and balancing my check book. I'm every accountants worst nightmare.
5. I loathe housework, as a result I often do the minimum and keep the dishes and bathroom clean and about one or two loads ahead on the laundry, but there is enough dust on my book shelves to write another novel.
6. I often tend to take things personally, even when in reality they may have nothing to do with me.
7. I've inheritied my mother's legacy of being very almost phobic of appearing stupid in front of someone.
8. I've also inheritied my mother's tendency to take punctualtiy to ocd levels. Not only can I not be late, but I usually find I must allow about twice the time it takes to go somewhere to, to get there. As a result I'm often left waiting.
9. I have a bad habit of talking to myself and thinking outloud. This drives my son apeshit.
10. I find it very very hard to let go of my son, and still often want to treat him as a little boy, instead of someone who is starting the transisition from boy to man.
Now I'm off to find some cough drops and some garlic and lemon. I have some viruses that need to be killed. I've felt like crap the last three days, like I've been hit by a convoy, and not one of those sissy convoy's we have in the US, but one of those super long, trainlike Austrailian convoys I've read about. I want a nose, that doesn't look like I'm related to WC Fields.
Maybe some nice tea will help.
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.
In every neighborhood there is at least one house that all the neighbors gossip about. This is a diary from the woman who lives in that house. I am a single mother in her mid thirties. I live in North Dakota with my son, Warren.
I tend to be a bit of a slob, and am the opposite of a girly-girl. I am geek girl, who loves Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Buffy, Angel, action movies, science fiction, action adventure, Dr. Who, and so on and so on.
I love to write and while I don't post much fiction online anymore I would love to be a writer someday. I am also overweight, bipolar and suffer from allergy induced asthma.