*Make My Day
Have you seen
Click on photo for more details.
Recently shared thoughts
Shopping with Warren is like teaching a squirell to sit
For the record I love my son, even when he drives me insane. But I just need to say that he is the worst person on the planet to shop with. I cannot stand when I have to shop with him, he drives me nuts.
Not because he wants everything or has to have a bunch of junk, he learned better than that when he was 6. It doesn't wash with me. But he hates shopping. He is of the get in, grab it and get out school of shopping. Wandering he store and browsing is as about appealing to him, as going to school in his underwear.
I on the other hand love to browse, to try things on, to look and read and compare, to people watch, to just check out all the new things to check out. Clearly we are opposite shopping types, so what happens when we have to go to the store together, inevetibly we always end up fighting. I like to take my time, he acts like he is being lead on his way to the rack. Since both of this are well aware of this little trait about each other, why, tell me oh why, is it when I leave a note for him letting him know I am shopping at so can such store, does he have to make a bee line for that store, only to annoy the heck out of me, by trying to force me out as quickly as possible, and drive me nuts if I want to stop and check out anything. (I am still the queen of run on sentences)
On the bright side, I finally have a nice new pair of sandals. My boots thaat I have been wearing all winter and which are ever so comfy, were just getting to warm and heavy. Since I am walking a lot and much more mobile now I need something more substancial than a pair of flip flops, so instead I have a nice comfy pair of Earth Shoe like sandals. Now if only the ladies department would actually carry shoes that are more practical than cute and that actually fit somebody who was cursed with large feet (size 10 wide in women's, 9 in men's depending on shoe). At least I was able to try those on and pick them out in peace with out Warren around.
Don't even get me started on what it is like when we need to shop for him (shoes clothes etc..), that boy is impossible.
I dropped another two pounds, meaning I'm the lightest I've been in almost 10 years. I know that is a random change of subject, but I just wanted to throw that in there.
I've also been tagged by Zen.
The first player of this "game" starts with the topic "6 weird habits/things/about yourself" and people who get tagged need to write a blog about their 6 weird habits/things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog I'm not big on tagging, but I always try to play when I've been tagged. So if you are on my buddy list, or read here and haven't done this, but would like to consider yourself tagged.
1. I have an obsession with symmetry, not as bad as when I was younger but still. I can't stand lopsided displays, photo groupings etc.. Everything has to balance out, or at least in my mind .
2. I've been known to freak people out by talking to myself. I don't so much carry on converstions as I think out loud. Oddly enough though when somebody else does it, it drives me nuts.
3. I love to watch more than one channel at a time, when I do watch tv. I can't sit thru commercials. I have to flip back and forth which drives everyone around me nuts. But if someone else has the remote I get upset if they surf, because they don't click at the right moments.
4. I've been known to suddenly out of the blue get a craving or desire to eat something I used to not like or have never had. I've also been known to just as suddenly develop an extreme aversion to someting that never bothered me before. When I was a kid, I was a gum fanatic, now the thought of gum makes me ill. I used to hate eggs. One morning I woke up with a huge craving for eggs and have liked them ever since, periodically craving them.
5. I cannot eat fast. If I try to eat too fast, the food will stick and come back up on me. My son seem's to have inheritited this trait.
6. Not all of my skin reacts the same to the sun. My face only burns, my arms only tan and my legs barely react at all (the rest of me, thankfully has not seen the sun since pre- puburty).
Tag your it..
Prequels ~ Sequels
Music of the mind: :
~*~Have you read these~*~
~ Ode to a child who is no more ~
~ She's baaack ~
~ testing ~
~ Facebook me ~
~ Bleech ~
Layout copyright Me, Myself and I. Correct viewing of this site requires IE 5.0 or higher. Use of any other browser may result in
unintended results.(Netscape 4.0 or higher is passable however I haven't yet been able to get it
to look right in Firefox)
All contents, (except graphics) unless otherwise specified, are
the property of TheCrankyOne. Please ask permission before using.
Person's caught using pics of my son without permission will be severely dealth with. Graphics
are courtesty of Full Moon Graphics. If you
want to use them, ask Kitty not me..
Also this is my diary and if you don't like what you
read, then I suggest you move on to another diary. I do not write to please others, I write for
myself. If you don't like my diary it is your problem, not mine.
Any rude comments, spam, flames etc.. will be deleted as soon as I become aware of them. Also if you wish to comment please have the decency to leave a valid form of contact such as a web address or email, unless I happen to know you and would know who you are.
This Web site is Registered with Published.com
This work is licensed
Creative Commons License.
In every neighborhood there is at least one house that all the neighbors gossip about. This is a diary from the woman who lives in that house. I am a single mother in her mid thirties. I live in North Dakota with my son, Warren.
I tend to be a bit of a slob, and am the opposite of a girly-girl. I am geek girl, who loves Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Buffy, Angel, action movies, science fiction, action adventure, Dr. Who, and so on and so on.
I love to write and while I don't post much fiction online anymore I would love to be a writer someday. I am also overweight, bipolar and suffer from allergy induced asthma.